FUTURES AND OPTIONS ON GOLD
Directives and Notices
This contract allows market participants the possibility of:
- Price hedging for domestic assets related to gold.
- An alternative channel for “low risk” investments that decompresses the physical market of gold and dollar bills for hoarding.
- Retail investor access to an asset historically characterized as a store of value.
- Possibility of leverage due to expectations of the price of gold.
- The negotiation through public prices in an institutionalized market without the potential inconveniences related to the illiquidity and concentration of the cash market.
Likewise, the representativeness of the agreed prices in the futures market is guaranteed by the final settlement of the contract against an international gold price benchmark, such as the CME Group's COMEX gold future.